Sunday, January 2, 2005

THE GIFT OF FRIENDSHIP



Well, I wished NOT to receive any more bags, wallets, scented candles, and figurines this Christmas. So of course, aside from other stuff, I got one cute violet bag (which suits my personality...also won a mesh bag in a raffle), a nice enough blue wallet, two scented candles (one was from our exchange gift-giving), and four figurines. Argh.

Ha ha! Of course, I'm thankful, don't think me ungrateful. I actually like them. Well, except for the wallet. It's just that I have so many of them already that I either don't get to use them for a long time or there is not much space anymore where I can put them. Like a cellphone case. I only have one cheap cellphone and now my cases number to five! LOL!!! A new cellphone would be nice ;p Would you believe I have a collection of mugs without even trying to collect? I probably bought just one of them, the rest, given to me every Christmas, except this year.

But seriously, I appreciate all of them because they came from friends' hearts...Well almost all of them. I did something that will surely land me in Santa's naughty list next year. I gave away the wallet. Why? I don't think I can actually take a gift from an enemy [Ed. We're not enemies anymore, just not friends either]. No, it wasn't some kind of peace-offering, in case anyone suggests it. She gave me a gift just because it's common office practice.

How can you forgive someone who is actually threatening not to sign your clearance form if you don't finish something that she told you to do when there was not much time already? And she didn't even have the guts to tell it to my face. That coward.

Anyway, I got less than what I got these past years simply because I just wasn't visible and important enough this year. But I'm not complaining. I understand that first and foremost, people don't have money these days. Take me, for instance.

My friends know me as a generous Santa, yet this year, not one of them received any gift from me. I only bought gifts for my godchildren, all nine of them, and my parents. Still, my real friends loved me and gave me nice gifts even when they knew I wasn't going to give them anything back, and made my last Christmas party with them very memorable.

...Aww...I miss them already!

15 comments:

  1. can i have a gift of friendship too?

    no, wait a minute. I prefer real gifts!!! Hahaha...

    take care and have a great year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's the best gift one could get this season. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "can i have a gift of friendship too?"

    Sure, Lyon! Yuo can have it the whole year through! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each year, at X'mas, I usually get all the tangibles I want. Bags... apparently, are something I never seem to have enough of. *smirkz* For that matter, I envy you Fiery Sis... :P

    Sometimes, the best gifts one can receive are intangible.
    Friendship, for one, is one of those extremely precious gifts.
    I'm glad that many have given this to me, for X'mas last year. I'm certainly looking forward to renewing these and adding on new ones this coming year.

    With that being said, however...
    sometimes, you can give someone a gift, but it's pretty much up to that person to decide if he or she would want to keep it, yes?
    Just like that wallet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "sometimes, you can give someone a gift, but it's pretty much up to that person to decide if he or she would want to keep it, yes?
    Just like that wallet."

    Exactly. Actually, I like to keep gifts, big or small, and even li'l notes because they remind me of friends. However, I am now planning of getting rid of stuff she gave me simply because they were all given in the guise of friendship. I can't look at them and not remember what she did to me. Yeah, maybe the new year is the time to forgive, but I'm not ready. And besides, I can't forgive someone who has no plans of redeeming herself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *nodz in agreement*

    Because sometimes... it's the little things that matter.
    I, too, keep stuff that'd been said to me, or created for me, by friends.
    And I know, it's these very things that would remind me of the friend they'd been even long after the friendship "ends".

    ReplyDelete
  7. i want friendship i want friendship i want friendship!! a friend who gives me a REAL ship!! :p

    or at least a friend who gives me REAL TANGIBLE gifts everyday :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unfortunately, Justin, we're islands apart ;p The tangible gifts will have to wait...He he he!

    ReplyDelete
  9. true true... even gifts from ex-boyfriends stay where they are after a breakup. I've heard of so many instances where friends clear out everything from a broken relationship... Call me cheapskate if you would, call me a sentimental nutcase if you like, the way i see it, the significance of a gift is limited to the time when it was given. Come what come may, I care only that at the point of time the gift was placed in my hands, it was intended to be so, that the giver had me in his/her mind when he/she acquired the gift...

    times pass, pple change, I dare not guarantee that my feelings for another would never change but suffice to say that it is all me at the point of time I say it is...

    not sure if i am conveying the thought the way i mean it to be ... @#$ if only i write as well as you gals do...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What are you saying? I understand you perfectly, Dawn!

    Anyway, I always keep gifts and notes, even those from friends who drifted away. There are only some that I do not mind keeping these days, and that's the stuff from O.M.F.H. (Officemate from Hell). There was no friendship to speak of in the first place, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. coool! powerful comprehension skills to understand even the messiest bunch of words... haha... ^_^

    Well, here's to a year of honest relationships...devoid of deceit and lies... >=) Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Depending on the nature of the deceit & lies, that, dear friend... might be quite a tall order. *smilez*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, tall order, Foxy, but let's wish it anyway, and still keep caution near us :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. true true... but, well, hope springs eternal... <=o]
    i hope n hope... =[

    ReplyDelete