Sunday, January 2, 2005

MY GROWN-UP (AND NOT-SO-GROWN-UP) CHRISTMAS LIST

http://mattdantodd.com/2013/12/19/ultimate-christmas-playlist-grown-christmas-list/


Just for fun...

Stuff that I wish I got when was a kid:

Formal voice lessons.

More books other than those required in school.

Membership in the school rondalla (I did have the chance but since the music maestra scared me, I quit before I got in so I lost the chance to learn how to play the guitar (hey, I was young!).

More encouragement from teachers.

Stuff that I wish I got this Christmas, however impossible some maybe:

Keyboard for my laptop. The built-in keyboard tends to have the number eight (8),"I", "K", and comma stuck, a common problem with laptops of the same model. So rather than have it fixed for a not-so-cheap price and encounter the same problem again, better have a detachable keyboard...I did give a hint, willing to get just one gift if they chipped in for it, LOL!!!

https://www.asme.org/shop/books/book-proposals
Copies of Harry Potter 2 & 3 (don't have those yet).

The book Anne of Avonlea (that's the only one missing in my Anne of Green Gables series).

Those in my Market List. Well, my director-teacher-friend recently e-mailed that she has bought books and VCDs for me in the U.S. Just hope she remembered my request for her to find the Dutch recording of Romeo & Juliet or its French DVD, and a DVD of CATS.

DVD Player. I wished I'd win one in the raffle, but one already rich Dept. Head won it, shoot...I did win a VCD player before that didn't really work, and I was one of the winners of a Honda car two years ago...We sold that and each got PhP 30,000. Bought a component from that money.

Tickets to HIMALA The Musical and Lea Salonga's Home For Christmas concert (lost both chances already).

Ticket to the Martin Nievera and Patti Austin January 29 concert (I love Patti!).

A chance to watch the Phantom Of The Opera movie.

A performance in the aborted Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat production.

Wishes to get in the future, however impossible they sound (Hey, dreams are free!):

A good job soon.

Those in the "Stuff that I wish I got this Christmas" list.

A new USB port for my laptop in place of the one I destroyed (don't ask how).

Modem, of course.

Cellphone with a camera, whatever model, don't care if it's cheapest.

A chance to go out of the country, but not for work.

Join in an episode of Sports Unlimited, enjoy, and maybe kiss Marc Nelson (woo-hoo!), or at least, their cute guest Tim. [UPDATE 2016: I'm over these guys]

Watch Lea Salonga and Menchu Lauchengco-Yulo again.

Watch a production of CATS (bonus if the players are my faves).

Watch, see, and meet Veerle Casteleyn.


https://www.pinterest.com/abbylynn04/quotes/
Wishes for all of us:

Cliche, but sincere - World peace. End war, now!

Peace for the souls - living or non-living - that suffered during and/or after the typhoons that hit the Philippines, the tsunamis that killed thousands in Asia, the hurricanes in Florida, the earthquakes in different parts of the world...Please offer prayers for them. It doesn't matter what religion you have.

Health and prosperity. For myself, my friends, my loved ones, and all good people.

5 comments:

  1. Looking back, I wish I did more when I was a kid.

    Piano lesson and so on. should have had more.

    If only I can turn back time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiss MARC NELSON?

    whaaaa......?

    oh, that ought to straighten his tongue a bit. can you believe he's been here in the Philippines for ages but could not even speak decent Tagalog?

    great bod, though....lolz..

    ReplyDelete
  3. "great bod, though...."

    Exactly! ;p

    Speaking of "straightening tongue", I caught a glimpse of Wansapanataym last night and was a bit impressed that the Japanese Ya Chang could speak it well enough (of course, still with Japanese accent) with the right intonations. Couldn't help but compare with Sandara who, I think, has been here much longer. She could speak it maybe more fluently (as far as knowing what to say was concerned) but man, her intonations suck! No life at all! Listen to her! Like a robot!...I'm sorry if anyone's a Sandara-fan here. But I just wish she'd put more effort into it. She's pretty enough, but that's not enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. okie i'll wish.. all my friends get ALL their wishes come true.. and that all their wishes are for ME to have all MY wishes come true.. :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hitting two birds with one stone? He he! Well, I wish for all your wishes to come true! :D

    ReplyDelete