Thursday, January 27, 2005

"PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL"


Well, that's what it said when I opened my e-mail. Private, my foot, I'm sharing this:

PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL

Dear Li'l Dove Feather,

We refer to your application for the position of Copy Editor.

We have given your application further consideration and regret to inform you that we have decided to move on to another candidate whose experience and qualifications best meet the requirements of the job on hand.

Although we cannot pursue your application on this occasion, please allow us to keep your details for further reference. We hope to call on you should another work opportunity arise in the near future.

We would like to thank you for your interest in the position and for taking the time to see us. May we also take this opportunity to wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Regards,
Sender


https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/denied-credit-7-reasons-your-credit-card-application-was-rejected.html/?a=viewall

Oh, well, I did not expect to make it, anyway. In fact, I would be surprised if they decided to get me. The moment that I tried filling up their application forms when I was there and couldn't understand some stuff, I already had a feeling. Then I took the qualifying tests which I could've done better if I went there more prepared. I thought I was prepared. Served me right.

Also, I'm not sure I'd like to work there, anyway. The stuff I edited were too technical for me (not to mention, boring) and the last part of the tests made me laugh because I almost couldn't answer a freakin' thing!!! Too technical. But, of course, even so, it still would have been nice if I passed them. Oh, well, at least now, I have an idea on what to prepare on next time :)

13 comments:

  1. well time to look for others then ~ better luck nex time

    ReplyDelete
  2. plenty of fish in the sea......

    catch yourself a whale. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. better luck next time! get on since you know your next move ya! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't want to catch Free Willy. WWF will hang my neck. Besides, he's dead already ;p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better luck next time, my dear friend.

    I know with your persistence, you will make it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Soon" seems a long time coming... : (

    Oh, well. One of those "soons" is bound to be mine somehow :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Willy was a killer whale, no?
    I meant for you to catch a blue whale.. something much bigger. *smirkz*

    ReplyDelete
  8. soon could be quite sometime but as you say, you haven't even given your best shot on this. maybe next time 101% will make you 'IN'

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Willy was a killer whale, no? I meant for you to catch a blue whale.. something much bigger."

    Who was it who said I make quirky comments? Hmnn...I think she meant herself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. All cos I mix ard enough with my two sinister siblings... *smirkz*

    ReplyDelete
  11. "soon could be quite sometime but as you say, you haven't even given your best shot on this."

    Not intentionally, I must emphasize. I did try what I thought was my best shot. But I turned out to be quite ignorant :(

    "maybe next time 101% will make you 'IN' "

    Wow, SCQ ba? He he heeee...Lil Dove, the Grand Questor!!!!!

    ReplyDelete