Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Finally!!!!


https://www.deviantart.com/tag/dosh

After two months, I have finally done it...Last Sunday evening, I finally told my mother I resigned! Yeah, yeah, it took me this long, so sue me.

I really didn't have the heart to tell her...Wait. I did have the heart not to tell her during Christmas and as the year was about to change. Didn't want to dampen her spirits. Not that I was scared she would get angry because I knew she wouldn't. I just did not want her to worry about me. Besides, she was always sick the whole holiday season. Needless to say, last week, I let her believe I was working!

Well, I was, sort of. I had been doing unfinished business. Also sent out applications through e-mail last Friday, even when my credentials were sometimes not enough to complete their requirements. I scrimped on food to save money. Honestly think I lost several, if not a lot, of pounds.

Anyway, I was just simply scared and when I finally told her, for some reason, I started to cry, and I was thinking, "Hey, idiot, why the heck are you crying?!!!!" I really did not know why. I guess I was just letting out all the pent up emotions that I kept all these weeks. My mother was composed throughout the whole confession and told me that that is life, that there will be something better...Whew!!!! I just told her to please not worry about me...Now, about my father, I don't have to tell him anything. Sometimes, he even thinks I'm still in school! LOL!!!!

The next day, I stayed home in the province and got a text message from one of those companies I applied to. I was informed about qualifying exams for the position of Copy Editor and could I please reply to the number or call this certain other number to confirm. So I did and that made my day. I'm not sure if I will pass, actually, as I'm at a point where I can only think positive, but not be sure just the same. I'll just try my best.

Meanwhile, today, I met with my former boss, ate lunch with her and some of her former students, and talked till 8 p.m. She gave me lots of advice and asked me to give her my resume because she has lots of contacts. I also informed her that I am going to try and apply for the English/Filipino Writer position in a popular publication. She told me to really do so. Her friend works there and she knows they are actually starting several other publications. Her brother also works for a TV station and she told me she'll see. She also told me to try the other TV stations.

You know, talking to her really made me a bit braver, knowing that there maybe more jobs for me out there. If I can't find any, I will try working for a call center for a while. Why not? That is so in right now, and there are lots of centers looking for agents, plus they pay very well. However, call center or not, I will still continue looking for a job I will truly like, even if it pays much less. Life is not all about money, after all.

9 comments:

  1. first of all, congrats on the decision to pluck up your courage.

    next, good luck on your interview to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you! I know what you mean about the crying thing. Sometimes I cry and have NO idea why I'm crying. I guess we're just emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you, dear friend. Life isn't about money.

    I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read in an email once, that when God gave women the strength to bear the weight of life's many burdens and the courage to go through the numerous times of extreme pain, he'd also given us a special privilege - to be able to cry.
    Anytime, anywhere and any way we wish to. With or without apparent reason.

    In view of all the pain & suffering we were sorta "born" to bare, I plan to bloody use that special privilege as often as I can, and as long as I want to. *indignant look on her face*

    As always, dear one, loads of four-leaf clovers showered upon you. That, and a nice warm hug for the courageous move. *hugz*

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't worry, you will find the job you want =)

    "Life is not all about money, after all" *nod nod* you're right, I want to get a job that I like too. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's the point in living if you can't feel alive?

    ....so goes a quote from a film.

    Your mom is right. That's life. Roll with it, and make it roll with you. Points to you for having the courage to set the wheel in motion.

    Alam mo.....kaya mo 'yan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good on you!

    Good luck for your next applications.

    BTW, I like that picture!!! I hope you feel exactly like that. No regrets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, all, for the congratulations and the wishes of good luck! I really need those :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Sometimes I cry and have NO idea why I'm crying. I guess we're just emotional."

    When the tears started, I knew I just had to say it already and not just stand there because she asked me what was wrong. I didn't want her to think I was pregnant or something, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete