Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Videoke Queen and King!


https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=br.com.gowebit.listavideokerj
As I said in my previous post, I went to my aunt's house to join the merry-making. Later, they would not let me leave and told me to spend the night there for there would be singing. Sure enough, at around 6 p.m., her sister-in-law (SIL), SIL's husband, and some men set up a videoke machine right in front of the house! They also set up a table for a drinking session (why there should always be drinking sessions, I don't quite get...Okay, I do, but I don't quite approve).

My cousin started singing a series of songs. She had a very nice voice that I never knew she had before. Then the men sang. After an hour of trying not to, I sang also, choosing The Journey and then, Superwoman. Might as well enjoy if I had to stay there...OMG, I had butterflies in my stomach!!! I have sang several times in public before (some friends have forced me to sing for them during their weddings), but always, ALWAYS, I got an attack of stage fright!

Anyway, the machine kept giving away high scores and was obviously rigged, but stupid machine wouldn't even grant me a 100% score! Finally, after several attempts, when I sang the song Don't Cry Joni (yeah, really old song, but I love it anyway) and did both the male and female voices, it granted my wish, LOL!!!! So that was all I needed to do: just show my multiple personalities!!! Ha ha!!!

I gained a sort of fan, though. Another guest kept watching mr while I sang. He would sing and clap, then he laughed, especially when I did that Joni song. He was a funny guy (well, as far as I could tell, unless that was just all for show), and quite cute, I might add ;p I had to keep a straight face and pretend that I didn't notice him looking.

I started telling myself I was just being silly and feeling-era (feels like she is something more that she really is). I was near believing it except he approached me, leaned down to where I sat, and asked me in such giddy fashion, eye-to-eye, to find the song Gusto Kita (I Like You). Good thing it was a bit dark where I sat or people would've seen me blushing. I gave him the number code using a matter-of-fact tone just to hide my surprised expression. Then he kept doing ad libs, giving little hints as he sang three romantic songs. I just sang along as if I didn't notice anything about it, pretending to be clueless.

I guess he really had no choice than to flirt with me instead, LOL!!! Why not? Look at the candidates: my much-older aunt, the lesbian good singer cousin, my aunt's married SIL, my other cousin who was very-married and Very-married Cousin's friend who kept quiet the whole night and was no fun at all. Then there was me. Ergo, no choice but me, I tell ya :D Lucky me!

http://magicsinghdkaraoke.com/grand-videoke-harmony-tkr361mp/Unfortunately, his already-drunk cousin came and joined us. Drunk Cousin (DC) kept announcing and teasing me that I was a snob because I kept snobbing him when I lived there. Long story, but he was exaggerating, plus he did deserve it. DC kept irritating me before because he wanted to talk, I didn't. My aunt didn't want him around either.

Anyway, DC's comments probably bothered the cute guy (his name was Jonathan, I found out) because he didn't even ask for my number :( When they cleaned up the place,  I was left with DC still needling me, talking about a lot of nonsense.

Oh, well, in life, there really are people you have to meet once in a lifetime...But I could really strangle that stupid drunk! Grrrr!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. And perhaps just having been able to meet, is quite good enough?

    Nevertheless, I understand why you'd want to strangle Benjie though. *laughz*

    ReplyDelete
  2. perhaps you should sing at mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. seems like a brewing romance to me. people don't just come and go. they happen.

    wow! 100% score.... did you check what score the machine gives when you play a song and nobody sings. because ours gives 97% already. he....he...he...he... (just kidding!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "perhaps you should sing at mine too."

    Sure! Send me the plane tickets! ;p

    Seriously? I'd be terrified. I usually am. I just couldn't say no because first, they were/are my friends, and second, I really wouldn't like to be bridesmaid...It's a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "seems like a brewing romance to me. people don't just come and go. they happen."

    Believe me, with me, they just pass by most of the time!

    "wow! 100% score.... did you check what score the machine gives when you play a song and nobody sings. because ours gives 97% already. he....he...he...he... (just kidding!!!)"

    When nobody sang, 0%. When somebody sang just a little, very low score. But when people sang, no matter how bad or good, they could even get a 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, that was...."kakakilig"

    i have this "feeling", that this guy jonathan did not just happened to be there, i feel like he's been sent there to meet you..who knows, that meeting is just a beginning of more meetings?

    and yeah, if i were in your shoes, i would have strangled that benjie...

    100%? believe me, those machines are "liars", meant to deceive people just to keep them singing...lolz..just kidding..peace!!!

    i believe you have great voice coz most of the time people who love musicals and music are people gifted with good voices, they try to be like those they watch...my friend jhing, for example, believe me, that one CAN sing...she has great voice

    ReplyDelete
  7. "i have this "feeling", that this guy jonathan did not just happened to be there, i feel like he's been sent there to meet you..who knows, that meeting is just a beginning of more meetings?"

    LOL!!!!! It doesn't seem like it, but yeah, who knows? For me, that was just a fleeting moment and I won't think more of it anymore. Things happen, and sometimes, they don't really mean a thing.

    "i believe you have great voice coz most of the time people who love musicals and music are people gifted with good voices, they try to be like those they watch...my friend jhing, for example, believe me, that one CAN sing...she has great voice"

    Great isn't the word I'd use to describe my own voice. I think I'm okay enough, maybe better than many people, but the description stops there. I would LOVE to take professional voice training, though...As for Jhing, I wouldn't doubt that she's very good. I can feel it in my bones... :)

    ReplyDelete