Sunday, January 2, 2005

MY DECEMBER AFFAIRS


http://www.marieclaire.com/culture/g1053/christmas-party-themes/
Okay, so while the brooding side of me wanted to be brooding during the Christmas season, I did decide to make my Christmas merry. So I tried not to be sad even though I very much knew it was my last month at my job.

Wasn't really that hard. I have very wonderful friends that just the thought of having them, and knowing that even other people understood why I did what I had to do without telling them the story, eclipsed the anger that I felt every time I saw Someone's face.

I didn't even have any exit interview. I guess that was because the Human Resources Dept. Head actually already knew my real reasons for leaving, plus she liked me (well, I think). Besides, there were stories/complaints about the certain Someone that indirectly backed me up.

The nasty side of me is actually laughing at her. I know that her blind ambition is going to be her downfall. Judging by what's been happening, it might come sooner, maybe she'll never know what hit her. Still, I sincerely hope she'll mend her ways...But, man, I'd love to be there when she falls right on her face! (I am sooooo bad!)

Anyway, at the school's Christmas party, the former HRD Head attended. After, I saw him at my friend's office and a bit drunk that he was, he pulled and draped an arm around me like we were close, saying, "Oh, this girl, they just don't realize her potential. I remember her, etcetera, etcetera..." My friend told him, "Sir, she resigned." So he went on with his speech about me being this kid with potential, etcetera. Really flattered me. I knew he said something positive about me before, as another friend revealed, but I never knew he thought more highly of me like that.

The good news was/is, he got my number and offered to call me for a possible job. The bad news are: One - he still hasn't called. But probably because it's their Christmas vacation, too. Two - Either he was only drunk at the time and didn't know what he promised, or he was just being nice,...Well, que sera, sera, "whatever will be, will be". Now, my real problem is whether I will like the possible job he might give me (or refer me for) or not, and will I be up to expectations?

http://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/skills-and-know-how/electrical-and-wiring/outdoor-christmas-lighting-tips
Our house...NOT!!! I wish!!!
Going back to Christmas, I was surprised to find our barrio sparkling with Christmas lights along the way when I got home one Saturday night. I shook my head in disbelief, thinking "Just when the power rates went up, they do this!" But that wasn't really the surprise. When the tricycle stopped at our house, I laughed...Our place was sparklingly shining, shimmering and splendid as well! Like I had never seen it before! It was a scene directly out of the Twilight Zone.

We always put up lights every December, but my mother had outdone herself this time. Of course, I scolded her a bit about the impracticality of it. But of course, I got scoffed at and I shut my mouth, LOL!!! There's a funny saying here: Mahirap magpalaki ng magulang. It means "It's hard raising parents." Ha ha!!!!!

On a more serious note, it was a shocking thing when the news of the tsunamis reached us. That was one thing that made me regret not having a job now. If I still have money, maybe I could be of more help. The only thing I can do now is to donate some clothes. Good thing that there are still some left in my locker at the boarding house.

I took some from home to donate to the typhoon victims here. The school collected the donations. Then the night after they brought the donations to their destinations or to whomever the task was given, I had the urge to clean up and arrange the stuff in my locker at the boarding house only to find out I had more clothes stuffed in there. I thought, "Dang! These should have been donated, too, if I only knew." But now, I think I know where I can use them.

December also brought in something else. I met someone. Not exactly how I'd like to meet "someone", but he was persistent. Besides, I'm thinking of the phrase "Sometimes, some things happen in unexpected places or ways." So I've decided to give him a try because, you know, you never know. Of course, we're still in the getting-to-know-you stage.

http://aprilbeyer.com/a-four-week-plan-to-a-fresh-new-love-life


I'm not sure if he will really like me enough to pursue anything. More importantly, I'm not sure if I will really like him enough to let him pursue. Right now, I'm really just not that decided if I'm interested, and I think, so is he. We'll see what happens. Maybe this January, we'll see. Let's just say I'm playing a whole, new ball game.

Oh well, it's January. Year of the Rooster. Feng shui says it's not my year, so I've heard. But guess what? I really don't believe in such things. Maybe next New Year's, I'll be frying that rooster to ashes. :)

7 comments:

  1. Speaking of christmas lights, dig this:

    Joe de Venecia had been very vocal as an economist, talks about being prudent and stuff....then his house (and youngest daughter) burns to a crisp because of overheating of christmas lights!

    geez.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a millionaire. That's his definition of "economizing"... ;p

    But really, that was so sad, whathappened to KC...

    ReplyDelete
  3. New year... new beginning.. new opportunities...

    You know... Feng Shui says 2004 wasn't a year for me and 2005 won't be either.
    Dammit! *sulkz*
    You know what, sinister one? Show that darn rooster who the Fire Fairy is, and make that a double-roasted fowl for me. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay! Would you like gravy to go with that? ;p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha... don't see why not?
    What do you have?
    Won't mind a bit of cranberry... *droolz*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmnn...I just ate but al this talk of food is making me hungry again...LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One thing about this old post that bothers me...I don't remember a thing about that supposed possible lovelife! HA HA HAAA!!!!

    Dunno who he was, how I knew him, what made me think he might have been interested...I guess he wasn't really worth it enough or I wasn't interested enough or I would have remembered, at least.

    ReplyDelete