Sunday, September 5, 2004

My Second BABY

Watched my second BABY (The Musical) today. Again, it was GREAT!!! I was now sitting near the stage, second row, in fact, and it gave me a better view of the performers' expressions. The orchestra did drown out the singing voices several times. That is from the side where I was sitting, of course. And it made me a fan of Menchu Luchengco-Yulo! I liked her in the first performance I saw, but hearing more from her, listening to her wonderful voice, man, that was wonderful!!!

She was/is very beautiful, too. And gracious! I've heard she's nice to fans. Of course, that's no real measure of a person's character, but it helps a bit, doesn't it? She was patient with us and even talked to some of us. She even asked my name, confirmed the right spelling, and wrote "Li'l Dove, Love and Kisses, Menchu." Sure, it really just meant "Thanks for watching, watch again next time" or simply "For you". But she was nice enough to actually ask names and write a dedication or something. She's not as famous as Lea Salonga and certainly doesn't have as much fans (as she's not mainstream), but I like her, definitely!

Was not able to get Lea's autograph. She was whisked away quickly and, except for one, I think no one among the crowd got her signature. It is alright. Understandable as people would be all over her. I expected it soon as I saw all the people waiting at the artists' exit. I did get David Shannon's autograph (he played Chris in one of the Miss Saigon performances and is the husband of Ima Castro, another M.S. alumna), Agot Isidro's, and Menchu's (of course)...I'm gonna write a review of the show soon and post it in my homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment