Tuesday, September 28, 2004

TODAY

Today, I edited an already existing ad of the school which is supposed to be included in the souvenir program of a convention. Oh, man, I can feel the stress around my shoulders and neck now. Feel soooo tired. Got into a little argument about it with OM (OM) almost the moment I arrived. She just has the habit of doing that, and I just have to have the habit of answering back. 

Since last week, I expected that everyone - from her to the College of __________ to the agency artist who created the ad - would be washing their hands off the issue (the ad being a bit late) and try to blame it all on me when none of it was my fault. In fact, I offered to create a new ad days ago because I realized the urgency of the matter, but everyone had a selfish excuse not to let me. But anyway, as always, I actually did well. Bottomline was, the President agreed with me and approved the ad lay-out that I edited. 


Oh, but it was fun making OM suffer quietly! :D [Ed. As of 2016, we are already okay, have been for many years]...My only problem now is the artist who still does not know that his edited version got rejected on account of he was asking to be paid again. He disappointed me big time. I'm prepared for his reaction. Sometimes, you just have to draw the line between friendship and business.

Today, as usual, I forgot breakfast. Ate rice and ten pieces of itsy-bitsy meatballs. The other ten, I reserved for the evening which I downed with coffee. Naturally, I still got hungry after dinner so I ordered a burger and bottled water.

Today, I didn't see Ma'm Monnette, the Artistic Director. She said before that she would be talking to Sir Bobby (School President) about the theater arts company and Joseph. So I'm still a bit in the dark and don't know what move to do next.

Today, I learned a Dutch term -> "Dank je". Thank you. Or if you use www.freetranslations.com, "You thanks"....Ha ha haaaaa!!!!

Today, as usual, another Officemate was doing her funny antics. Tonight, though, before she went home, she wanted to cry so much, especially when I remarked about her not talking to her husband who was in the office earlier. I asked if they were "at war" again. She said yes. Surprisingly, she confessed the problem to me. Well, I tried to give good advice. She won't be heeding them anytime soon, though. Pride.

Today, I kept mulling about the phrase "cute as a button". I mean, of course, I know what it means somehow, but what is it about a button, really, to merit special mention in such a phrase? So tonight, I Googled it.

From http://members.aol.com/MorelandC/NeedOriginsData.htm :
"Cute as a button
Meaning: To be very cute.
Example: The new beetle is cute as a button."

From Dictionary.com
"cute as a button
Also, cute as a bug's ear. Pretty or attractive in a dainty way, as in That baby is cute as a button. Cute originally was a shortening of acute, for sharp-witted and clever, but in the early 1800s it also took on its current meaning. Other than that buttons and bug's hearing organs can be small, there is no good explanation for these similes."

Oh, well, still do not explain the origin of this phrase. But I'll find out eventually. You will find I'm very persevering when I want to achieve something ;p

So how was your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment