Thursday, September 16, 2004

A whole lotta shakin'

September 16, 2004
3:10 a.m.
Upper Deck
Double-Deck Bed
Boarding House
Somewhere in Manila


I just finished editing my Veerle-page for my webpage and got totally clueless what happened to the Lea Salonga pic in my Lea-page. That was actually about 30 minutes ago, same time one of my roommates, the one who sleeps at my lower deck, arrived "home." I then started writing happily away the intro to my webpage (finally). After a while, when I thought she was sound asleep already, the bed began moving and shaking. I rolled my eyes.

It's my roommate at the lower deck, probably intentionally scratching her legs or something, making sure she disturbed me in the process, wanting to annoy me because she couldn't sleep, which she would probably blame on my itsy-bitsy light, which, if you happened to see where it was located and how little the light actually was, would make you say she's nuts! She was probably trying to annoy me, like the night before (only the scenario was rather different) to send the message loud and clear: TURN THE LIGHT OFF AND GO TO SLEEP!!! Huh! I let her scratch herself to death. I had been very giving and considerate long enough. It should work both ways...But man, was she a scratcher! It had been almost a minute already and she still hadn't shown any sign of giving up. If anything, the shaking was even stronger! I wondered if her scratches would bleed already!

And then, I just realized it when she started to say, "Ohmygod-ohmygod-ohmygod, it's shaking..." It wasn't her! Freakin' NOT Miss I-can't-sleep-because-I-just-got-home-much-later-than-you-and-I-need-you-to-turn-your-light-off-pronto!!!... It was an earthquake!!!! Eeps!!! No wonder!!!....


Everyone woke up kind of afraid and I, finally turning off my laptop and trying to hold on to something, silly me, was smiling sheepishly at the most inappropriate time!

I tell you, everytime, these quakes catch me at the wrong moments. Or maybe I should say right...So I'm thankful I still end up safe and blessed, by the way. No complaining here. Not on this part of the bed, anyway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment