Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Two girls beating our own drums

I tried to encourage. I tried to urge. I tried to inspire. I tried to impart knowledge and wisdom. I tried to make them see the logic behind it. I tried to push. I tried to shove. I tried to cajole, to force, to threaten! I TRIED, I TRIED, I TRIED! So what did I get? A big, fat, flat NOTHING. Ma'm Monet was right when she said, "We are just two girls beating our own drums". Indeed we are. If things don't work out by next week, Joseph can bid his amazing technicolor dreamcoat adieu! Well, at least, for this year, as the President said. But how can I be sure of that?



What would you do if your Dance Director, however nice to work with, keeps changing rehearsal schedules? What would you do if your Student Assistant Director has real problems of his own (and I don't blame him, mind you) to attend to? What would you do if students from another school seem more interested in joining your musical than your own students who do nothing but complain and be absent during rehearsals? What would you do if your Chorale Director, after how many months, now tells you the Chorale can't do it due to prior commitments which the school didn't even know about in the first place? What would you do if you have an official who pretends he is for us but is most likely against us, too happy of our downfall because he feels threatened in some way?

Tell me, please, 'cause I sure as hell don't know. Can somebody tell me what I am still doing here?

2 comments:

  1. what would i do?

    the same thing i do whenever these things happen to me...

    Sulk, Rant, Rave, get mad, curse....then get it on.

    that works. for me, at least..

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! Yeah, it does. I do that all the time!

    ReplyDelete