Monday, September 13, 2004

Tired, happy, and sleepy...and wishing to have SANG-FROID

I am actually tired and sleepy right now. I attended the planning-workshop for the School and I actually got tired! Not that I was that much help, but hey, I tried. It's nice to meet new friends who actually also share your passion for the arts. More passionate even, and driven. Abbe, the "creator" and now President of the School, is exactly that. The most fun part was planning the hard launch which will either be in January or February. If this works, man, this is gonna be one heck of a big thing!!!...We meet within these two weeks, depending on everybody's schedules. I'm actually spreading the news and asking people to come and help us found it. I think we need all the help we can get...

Well, like I said, I'm tired, but the weekend was a far better experience than what I mostly did the whole week. Everyday, I opened the newspapers not only to read, but actually work, cut out some clippings. Unfortunately, I got to read more than what I really wanted to know...

A drug addict went up a 30-foot pedestrian bridge. Jumped, deliberately missing the blanket people thought could save him. He survived the jump, breaking his legs only. But the people ganged up on him. Why? He jumped carrying his one-year-old son. The baby fell head first. Dead.

In Russia, terrorists killed the innocent. I do not know how doing so can ever help make things right.

In Indonesia, a powerful blast in front of the Australian Embassy. As I've only read about it in today's papers, I have no additional knowledge yet of why exactly it was done. Only speculations read. But it doesn't matter why. I do not want lame excuses. Mostly, they're just lame freakin' excuses!

A father, the other day, accused of raping his daughter. Maybe one day, in Wikipedia, someone will define "father" as an
"incestuous bastard". Of course, 95% of fathers aren't and are actually good like my own father, but my goodness, doesn't it make you want to just sentence those S.O.B.'s to death and be done with it? That, from someone who does not like Capital Punishment. Evil does breed evil, I guess...I'm sorry.

For once, I want to feel numbed. I don't want to feel anything...

SANG-FROID

Still as water, the heart learns
the art of false serenity.

Each stone casts ripples upon ripples
upon placid emotions.

Each stone with its jagged edges
each, cutting, sinking.

Density has no meaning.
Depth is not a question.

Only calm indifference.

Yet...

As the water turns murky,
as the water overflows,
as the water runs dry...

Perhaps, it will cast its own ripples.

For the moment, there is only agitation
in tranquility.

Sang-froid, indeed.


Copyright © December 2001 by lildovefeather


Ho-hummm!!! I am soooo tired! Tonight, when I go home, I'll just wash up, ignore my desires to stay up and try to write something, and hit the sack. Snore even. ;p

2 comments:

  1. ain't life grand?

    for what it's worth, emotions are what would make us strong, eventually. too bad it's all this negativity...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. Can't we all just become strong without the negative aspects?

    I know, I know, wishful thinking...But I do wish the perpetrators of all this negativity have enough emotions and compassion. It's all just B.S. going on. The positives are too few and far apart. There's even more apathy in the world...

    ReplyDelete