Thursday, September 9, 2004

"Vanity...My favorite sin..."

...That was according to Al Pacino's character in Devil's Advocate. Well, since I've been accused of being vain anyway, let's let Li'l Dove get into character.

I'm feeling very vain right now...I just found the international site where five poems of mine got included! Wooohoooo!!! They included three of them in another of their Internet imprint (because it "came out" first and I submitted my stuff before I did the others). I actually already knew about it because I was informed they would come out July. But I kept searching for the site to no avail while the imprint had been very available already. Last night, as I always do, I Googled my name and voila! There it was! The "issue" was an August "issue", the summer and anniversary "issue" (I keep saying "issue" because I dunno what to call it if it's not a publication on paper, he he)...It's so nice because while I'm not doing well in the job department due to undesirable people, I am starting to do well in the writing department, getting-published-wise.

I have joined three discussion groups. Funny because I just deleted my membership on some! Well, these are cooler 'cause I can actually communicate with other artists, particularly Filipinos. I joined an Artists Forum which spawned a writing group and introduced me to people interested in serving the youth. The latter was created because one of the artists expressed her desire to create a School for Performance and Creative Arts (the plans have been in the works for a year now, actually). Discussions, discussions, discussions, and then a decision to actually start it. So the girl created a new forum for it, too. We meet for a planning-workshop this weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment