Wednesday, December 22, 2004

"Partying" alone...

He he, not really. After the party, we left at 8 p.m.

I went to the mall to check out if they're showing Phantom of the Opera already. Cursed under my breath. No, it's not being shown, not today, not tomorrow, not in the very near future, it seems. Ugh! I hate that! So went to department store to buy gifts for my parents. A nice beaded bracelet for Mame and a cap for Dade. Took me an hour to find and choose.

Went to 711 after and bought a bottle of San Miguel Beer Light Pale Pilsen (whatever pale pilsen means, but hey, it's "low calorie"). OMG. I sound like I love to drink. I don't. I'm not even really a social drinker either. Probably will get drunk fast if I let it. But I'm just in this stupidly sad mood. Anyway, I'm here now renting a computer, checking out entries and typing down mine, listening to songs from Romeo et Julia - van Haat tot Liefde, all songs in Dutch, as if I understand. But I love the music. And I imagine myself as Veerle Casteleyn.

Will be going back to the boarding house in a few minutes.

14 comments:

  1. Gee... that's really sweet, getting presents for your parents...
    My problem is that I truly conform to the stereotype of reserved Asians who hardly display any emotions... Particularly so at home, towards the very people I should have the deepest gratitude for...

    I'm sure your parents would adore the presents you've chosen for them.
    OK, I shall do the same b4 the year ends... =) wish me luck and time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *laughz*
    I would, if only my family allowed me to.
    Weeks before X'mas they'd already told me what they would very much "wish Santa would be bringing in his sack" this year.

    So yeah, X'mas is a good time to be making loads of wishes it seems, because sometimes, these wishes do come true. *wry smilez*

    ReplyDelete
  3. "My problem is that I truly conform to the stereotype of reserved Asians who hardly display any emotions..."

    Hmnn...I'm not sure of the stereotype (not saying you're wrong, though), but we Filipinos aren't really known to be reserved. If anything, we're quite the opposite, LOL!!!!!!

    ...So, what happened to your plan "before the year ends"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "X'mas is a good time to be making loads of wishes it seems, because sometimes, these wishes do come true."

    I actually listed them down but my disk drive doesn't seem to be working so was not able to save in a diskette to share here. Dang.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehz...
    I'm going to try and think of some smartass New Year's wish list soon....

    ReplyDelete
  6. heehee... well, got my mum a little bag she can use during her lunch/ tea/ dinner breaks... and chanced upon and bought a Barney soft toy for my little precocious niece just this afternoon... don't ask me why Barney... I have absolutely no idea why my niece adores the overweight and sleepy-looking purple dinosaur... ;p she likes it...i get it... =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. *laughz*
    I think a lot of kids nowadays are crazy over Barney. Sometimes, there just ain't a reason as to why. It's like Teletubbies, I guess.

    And how back in my time, it was Smurfs, Strawberry Shortcake, CabbagePatch Kids, He-Man and stuff.

    I wished I had an auntie like you. And perhaps, a godma like Gracie. *smirkz*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Godma???? Heeeyyyy.....

    Anyway, Dawn, I won't even ask why Barney. I don't like him but hey kids do. I'm a grown-up, what do I know? LOL !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Only cos I'd read somewhere that you'd always buy xmas pressies for your godkidz.....

    *in her sweetest childlike voice, with an expression on her face to match*

    "Godmummmmiiieeeeeeeeee....."

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL!!!! It just sounds a lot like grandma!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. well... godma / grandma, a rose by any other name would smell as sweet ... =o)

    haha... *hopping onto the bandwagon with Princess* >=D whooosh! present present!!! *blink blink blink blink blink* ;)

    oh yes....smurfs, my all-time favorite... anyone remembers heathcliff? ;D

    ReplyDelete
  12. hehz... of course... the kitty cat :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think he was shown here until I was in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  14. cool right... ;D haha.... Cheers!

    ReplyDelete