Wednesday, October 13, 2004

WILL AND TESTAMENT

Maybe weird, maybe morbid to some, but I think I'll start writing my will and testament again (because I always plan this but never finish). Not last, just will and testament. Not last because for sure, it's going to have lots of revisions, as always.

https://www.texaswillsandtrustslaw.com/2010/01/13/requirements-of-a-valid-will/

As far as I know, I'm not dying yet. But hey, you can never know when your time really is (unless you're psychic, but even that's not accurate). I'm having these thoughts because of My Late Classmate Chris, Rio Diaz (Filipino celebrity), and Superman Christopher Reeve. And I think it can be part of what I said I could do TODAY. I just want to be sure that if ever I suddenly die, there will be a will to be followed and carried out. No, I don't have treasures. I have real treasures, the kind that really mean much to me.

Now, the problem is how to go about "legalizing" it...Hmnn...I think I'll sign it then leave it somewhere they can find when I'm gone. And then I'll leave a note with all my e-mail addresses and on-line IDs and passwords. Don't want my on-line buddies to wonder where the heck I've been ;p

I think it's a great idea.

7 comments:

  1. Life is very much a strange and unpredictable thing...
    Sometimes, the very thing that matters to you most when you were living life to the fullest, may well become the one thing that mattered the least as you lay yourself down on the death bed.

    Someone told me today that he'd said something that went like this:
    "The moment we were born... we were already ready for death..."
    Personally, I feel that acknowledging that we all may die one day, isn't something morbid. Instead, it reflects actions derived from a rational and realistic mind.

    Each time I think of death, I'd wonder to myself...
    When I really leave... who would remember me? who would shed me that tear so filled with love that even death itself would not be able to overshadow?
    To me, many things in life is just like a meteor shower, brilliant while it lasted, but often...once everything is over, all you have are ashes and dust... reminding you of what had been.

    (Pardon me if I don't really make sense....just one of those days.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont think its morbid to be thinking bout those things, will and testament, death..
    i think it means being brave and courageous.
    facing something sure to happen though unsure of when it will happen.
    we know we're all going to die though we have no idea when. except if you're sick and doctors have this idea of when are you going six feet under.
    as they say, its always good to be prepared...
    i actually admire you for thinking bout that. i never thought bout it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting....

    for someone who does not see her life beyond the 40s, i should be thinking about this...lolz

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the contrary, you did make perfect sense, Joey.

    I posted this in another journal and my friend there told me that when her father died, no one was actually grieving that much because they made sure of that. That's 'cause somebody told her that "funerals aren't actually for the dead, it's for the benefit of the living" or something like it. I liked what your friend said, too. It's so nice to find great wisdom from friends.

    So in that funeral, everyone remembered the dead the way they wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks.

    Of course, I am afraid to die. If ever the threat to my life, accidental or not, is there, sure, I'll run zooming away. But I know it's inevitable. Sooner or later, it will happen. Just hoping it won't be violent. So better be prepared a bit, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been looking for a past post and found this one. Realized that so far, it has been all-talk. I really gotta start now. Who knows?Maybe I'll just drop dead tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete