Thursday, October 7, 2004

Oh, I just HAD to post this!

Due to my being a Drama Queen last night, someone wrote this very beautiful poem for me. I'm not editing anything because I'd like to preserve its "freshness." He sent me this exactly right after creating the draft. So yes, I'm Gracie...sometimes...he he...Please don't spread around as I don't really have his permission. It is, after all, still his poem. 

http://quotesgram.com/sad-quotes-to-comfort-someone/

comfort

(written for gracie, right now)

then let me plant kisses
soft and tenderly
on the forehead of your soul
and brush away
loose strands
of errant laughing hair
from your dark
and exotic eyes

let me hold your soul
in the crook of my shoulder
and humm to it
soft notes
crooning tunes
ancient songs
long since learned
at my mothers knee

know now and know well
that no danger threatens
no clouds gather
that cannot be dismissed
through a brave smile
and steady friend
regardless of distance
or miles away

Copyright © Craig Murray

10 comments:

  1. oh wow.....ain't he sweet????

    so...Gracie, is it? NICE!

    sounds...saintly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww...gracie..I bet your little heart was pounding almost right out of your little chest and your eyes beamed with excitement. Hands quivering and you suddently felt as though you can't breathe... he smiled so shyly or maybe if he was the other kind (s***gly) Shhh! Of course it's a secret.hehe

    Dramatic experience usually if it's the 1st. You deserved it...gracie..for being so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "so...Gracie, is it?" LOL!!! Like I said, "Gracie...sometimes..."

    It's just a nick that I came up with, one of my very first ones, he he...but I won't mind anyone calling me that...Saintly? Well, no. Just sweet he he...

    Remember when I asked about your name? I said something like "Guess what mine is". Have you thought about it yet? ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. "aww...gracie..I bet your little heart was pounding almost right out of your little chest and your eyes beamed with excitement." Yes, of course, 'cause it was so beautiful... :)

    "Hands quivering and you suddently felt as though you can't breathe... he smiled so shyly or maybe if he was the other kind (s***gly) Shhh! Of course it's a secret.hehe" Now this, I'm not sure I get. Well, maybe, sort of. But if I'm right about how you interpreted it, no, it's not like that. It was just to soothe my "weary soul". Ha ha!!!

    But I'm suddenly curious...How DID you find it?

    "You deserved it...gracie..for being so sweet." Nah. You're sweet for calling me sweet. I wasn't sweet at all when I was being Drama Queen. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. uhmmm...i dunno....Grace? lolz....man, i am SLOW at guessing games when it comes to names!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow..such a sweet n nice poem...
    he muz b a real sentimental guy..
    awwww, my poems r nth compared to his...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In my last comment, I made it clear it wasn't a love/romantic poem. The commenters seemed to think that it was. C.M. was from a writing group I belonged to back then, in fact he created the group and was its moderator.

    Anyway, I deleted the comment because I mentioned his name, not sure if that would be okay with him, if ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UPDATE: I edited the post and wrote his name at the bottom. I have already asked Craig's permission to re-post in public. Check out his book "Watching Her Walk: Collected Poetry by Craig Murray.

      Delete
    2. Silly me, I didn't give the link. Here: https://www.amazon.com/Watching-Her-Walk-Collected-Poetry/dp/0987857045

      Delete