Friday, July 22, 2005

Hello, Goodbye

Exaggerated some like ulcer, but basically, I was honest...except that I really want say nasty things to him...LOL!!!!!!! 

Dear Mister Evil,

First of all, let me thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve your company as Copywriter despite my lack of experience in the field. However, it is with regret that I now tender my resignation.

This letter is to formally inform you of my intent of leaving. This should give you ample time to find a suitable and, hopefully, better replacement. I shall stay and work for 30 days, should I be required.

I made the decision due mainly to three concerns - professional, financial, and health-related.

First. I realized that perhaps, I do not have the qualities you are looking for in a copywriter. This is as evidenced by the almost-constant rejection of copies I make. It seems I do not meet your expectations after all and as a writer, this bothers me. As your company is in that important stage of "expanding", you need  an experienced copywriter, not someone you need to teach. I do not want to be seen as more of a liability rather than an asset.

Second.  At this point in time, I am expected to be independent already. However, the opposite has happened. Due to the over-delay of salary releases, my independence has been affected tremendously. I have become the parasite I have always hated, feeding off other people's kindness. I now owe friends more debts than ever. I have become a burden to my family who give me a little allowance every week when I should be helping in putting food on the table and buying much-needed medicines. My mother is now indebted to a lot of people, too, because of me who need money every week. Lastly, it is rather humiliating to promise to pay the landlady for board and lodging and then give her nothing and no definite answer as to when I can exactly pay. 

I cannot anymore let this go on and be always worried about where to get my next meal or the money for bus fare.This is not called independence.

Third. Due to lack of money, my diet has consisted of mainly canned food and rice since Day One. Sometimes, I do not  even eat rice. It is now over a month and things are still the same, which should not be so. The constant changing of the working schedule has also affected my body clock and worsened my mild ulcer. Migraines seem to visit me more than thry usually do due to lack of sleep and food, and to minimal light source and ventilation at work.  

I have lost a considerable amount of weight, which may be good for the time-being but could be detrimental in the long-run. This, out of all the three, is what concerns me most. I do not want to sacrifice my health or it may all just go downhill from there. It will affect everything, including work.

Therefore, as aforementioned, I now tender my resignation.

Again, thank you. 

Respectfully, (yeah, right)
Lildovefeather

****************************************************

UPDATE: I edited the letter before I sent it. The updated version is in the comments.

17 comments:

  1. take care my friend......all the best with the next job.......=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope for better things for you after this bad bump. I don't think I would ever survive in that kind of atmosphere after two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys. I actually took one exam last week and then this week, went to two interviews. I kinda like last Monday's interview. Hope I get the job. They're going to decide among six short-listed people, though, so I'm not sure how big my chances are. I'm just happy I got to the short list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the next job!
    Let's hope that it'd be much better than this one.

    Am contemplating leaving my current position too.
    To go some place.... mayhap overseas.

    *shrugz*

    ReplyDelete
  5. whatever you decide to do, we're here.

    oh and your letter ought to make the recipient think. and i mean really THINK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. firstly, id like to commend you on your courage for telling those things. for me, you haven't spoken for yourself alone, but for your co-workers as well, who maybe wanted to do what you plan to do but never really had the courage to really do it. i agree with jhing, i hope your letter will make the mgmt think. really THINK!

    YOU GO GIRL!

    secondly, GOD bless on your next job search. i pray this time you'll find a better one. one you deserve.

    good luck my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I edited my resignation letter so that I can change the situation. I really do not want anymore to work for them for 30 days more...

    Dear Mister Evil,
    First of all, let me thank you for the opportunity given me to serve as Copywriter in your company. However, it is with regret that I now tender my resignation.

    I made the decision due mainly to three concerns - professional, financial, and health-related.

    First. I realized that perhaps, I do not have the qualities you are looking for in a copywriter. This is as evidenced by the almost-constant rejection of copies I make. It seems I do not meet your expectations after all and as a writer, this bothered me. As your company is in that important stage of "expanding", you need an experienced copywriter, not someone you need to teach. That is impractical. I do not see myself as any less of a writer. Just someone who does not meet your company’s standards. And so, there is no point in staying. I do not want to be seen or end up as more of a liability rather than an asset.

    Second. As a professional, I am expected to be independent. However, due to the over-delay of salary releases, my independence has been affected tremendously. I have become the parasite I have always hated, feeding off other people's kindness. I now owe friends more debts than ever. I have become a burden to my family who give me a little allowance every week when I should be helping in putting food on the table and buying much-needed medicines. My mother is now indebted to a lot of people, too, because of me who need money every week. Lastly, it is rather humiliating to promise to pay the landlady for board and lodging and then give her nothing and no definite answer as to when I can exactly pay…Needless to say, I am being unfair to them.

    I cannot anymore let this go on and be always worried about where to get my next meal, or the money for bus fare just to get to work every week. This is not called independence. I found that delay in salary release, expected or not, has become a regular occurrence in the company. Should I keep working for your company, it will only be a vicious cycle for me. This is not fair to me either. I rather not stay.

    Third. Due to lack of money, my diet has consisted of mainly canned food and rice since Day One. Sometimes, I do not even eat rice. It is now over a month and things are still
    the same, which should not be so. The constant changing of the work schedule has also affected my body clock and worsened my mild ulcer, not to mention, my insomnia. Migraines now seem to visit me more than they usually do due to lack of sleep and food, and to minimal light source and ventilation at work.

    I have lost a considerable amount of weight, which may be good for the time-being but could be detrimental to my health in the long-run. This, out of all the three, is what concerns me most. In fact, I have absented myself several times already because of sickness. I do not want to sacrifice my health anymore or it may all just go downhill from there. It will affect everything, including work. I am sure this is not the kind of employee you want. It is not what I want.

    Therefore, as aforementioned, I hereby tender my resignation which will take effect today, 26 July 2005. With this, I relieve the agency of any obligations to me. In lieu of my resignation, I am willing to forego payment for my more than one month’s service (June 13 – July 23, 2005). I will be getting my clearance within the week, as well as getting back my original high school diploma which I submitted to you as part of company requirements.

    Again, thank you.

    Respectfully, blah, blah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you mean that my letter will, or do you mean I should make it more "reprimanding"?

    But anyway, I do agree that it should. However, they're guilt-less people, not to mention, idiots with low IQ (they're really just eveil), so I won't count on it. Besides, I don't need to mention it for them not to know. I think it's really their modus operandi.

    I honestly don't want to antagonize them that much because they've still got me trapped. I have heard about them putting employees' faces in newspapers, the kind that said "Notice to the Public". I don't want that. Also, they have my original high school diploma. It's only high school, but it's important to me. Besides, they might use it and put other names there...I really don't want to work there anymore. The technician whom I talked to said that they just reject works we do but actually, they use them once we leave. Well, okay, they can use the stuff I made but I can't continue making more for them.

    So please pray that they see my "backing out" as their advantage.

    The truth is that's what they'll think. I have a plan of my own and if this works, they just might lose their business, permanently. I don't want them to do deceive more people. Shoot. I just saw yesterday's paper and they already placed not one, but TWO ads to deceive more. TWO ads which cost a lot and they couldn't pay us in time????

    They are really going to get it! I'll let you know what happens next...

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Frankly, they're braver than I am. They just upped and left last Friday. I don't think they'll be coming back soon. I wish I could do that, but I have more at stake than they do.

    But thanks for your prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OKay, guys, this is not new, I just changed the "availability."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fill in the blanks?...Oh, okay, I get it. It's an exasperated expression, LOL!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I once quit a job and had to pay my employer a whole month salary. When I saw a couple of new employees cried because the seniors were damn bitches I thought to myself - "Do I really need this crap?" I don't mind being happy in a low-paying job rather than live miserably daily for a high-paying one... Ironically though I am now in a high paying but less demanding job than any of my previous jobs :)) Good pay and no stress - life is kinda good ... Hope you'll get a new and better job soon!! take care...

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an old post. But I gotta admit I'm not far from doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! ...ur.... SWELL! hehehe...

    more power and take care!

    ReplyDelete