Sunday, August 21, 2005

Jumping Jeepers!!!!


http://www.wisegeekedu.com/how-do-i-become-a-magazine-writer.htm

I am now the Editorial Assistant/Writer for a magazine! I start tomorrow!

I said before that I was the 2nd choice out of the six short-listed. However, after I was interviewed by the President, I think I was her first choice. Not because of my writing experience, though, but because of my five-and-a-half years' experience as part of the administrative staff. You see, the job will entail administrative work, too, but I don't mind. I'm just happy!!!! I could've told you this last Monday but wasn't able to go online again till today.

BTW, to my Pinoy pals here, if you love to write (I know Raine, Jeffer, and Stephen do), just tell me and I'll send you info/details about an opportunity I found. It's not the magazine I mentioned, but under ___________ Publishing. I applied as contributor (saw an ad) and they replied, stating submission details. You'll get paid for this if your stuff are accepted plus royalties later on. This is legit, guys, don't worry!

Oh, I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats!

    Cheers for your new ride! ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  2. IF I love to write? what are you, nuts? (lolz...kidding!)

    yonje_22@yahoo.com, baby, thanks a lot....

    oh, and what mag are you with right now?

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gawd...how could I have possibly missed this post?!

    I'm so happy for you!!!

    *big hugz*

    Shine in that new post ya?
    Haha... every now and then, post us something you'd written for the mag.

    Aw... this is just the best piece of news I've heard in a long time!

    *big smilez*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! (I hope the ride won't be so bumpy).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry, you didn't. I posted that just last Sunday. That's not too long ago.

    "Aw... this is just the best piece of news I've heard in a long time!" Really? That means you need a lot more!!!!...Kidding!!!! ;p

    "every now and then, post us something you'd written for the mag."

    Here's the thing. I won't be required to write often. I'm just expected to fill in when there aren't a lot of contributors. But I am editing stuff. That's the actual job anyway. I may also be asked to write the editorial if the EIC is not available. Also, we come out quarterly. I do ge to do other stuff, though. Like what the President told me yesterday, what I will be expected to do on September 25. There's going to be whole-day symposia dubbed Silver Linings, a project by I Can Serve, a group focusing on breast cancer and its victims. The mag is going to be a sponsor and will conduct a whole day symposium.

    But anyway, so far, I like it. My immediate boss is so nice. My co-employees seem okay so far. The President/CEO is also nice (so far, also)

    Still thankful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wished you were editing a magazine HERE!!!

    That way, I can shower you with gifts, bribe you with tea sessions AND subtly coerce you into covering some of my clients' products.

    *evil glimmer in eyes*

    OR, I can ask if you'd like to hire ME!

    *laughz*

    ReplyDelete
  7. No coercion needed. Just tell me what's in it for me ;p

    "OR, I can ask if you'd like to hire ME!" Why? Do you want to become poorer?!!!! LOL!!!! Believe me, it's not easy living here...

    ReplyDelete